About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Classic Movies

Being retired I get to watch a bunch of classic movies. With AMC, TCM and Encore that's quite a few. Hollywood has always had an eye for beautiful women. I don't care that many of them when the movies were made were my grandmother's or mother's age. They're still great eye candy.
Watched Clint Eastwood's Hang 'Em High yesterday. Inger Stevens played a woman looking for the men who killed her husband and raped her. Naturally she heals Eastwood when he's shot and they fall in love. She had such a captivating look in this movie. Sometimes it's better not to know about their personal lives. She committed suicide in 1970 at age 36. So sad.

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I like watching the older movies also. I didn't know that about Ms. Stevens.

P M Prescott said...

Today's movies are disappointing. Does that mean we're getting old or better judges of character?

Unknown said...

Oh, that was very sad P M. Such a young and beautiful woman. Tragic. I've only seen her in the one film she did with Burt Reynolds.

P M Prescott said...

Her most prominent role was A Guide To The Married Man.