Inconceivable that our country would stray so far...
Inconceivable that people could be so blind...
I was thinking today about all the things over the past years I thought would never happen and did:
- That Bush would be elected twice.
- That we'd be fighting two unwinnable and needless wars at the same time for over eight years.
- That Wall Street could melt down due to lack of government oversight and a year later nothing has changed.
- That people still listen to Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.
- That the American Patriot act would be passed at all, and then renewed and is up for renewal again.
- That the gulf coast area of this country is still in shambles this many years after Katrina (when Florida the year before Katrina was hit by five hurricanes and there wasn't any problem helping them rebuild).
- That America would resort to torture, and that Baptists would be the ones who support it.
- That we still have people incarcerated in Guantanimo.
- That an intellectual African-American could be elected president.
- That there are still people who doubt Obama was born in Hawaii.
- That there are people who think No Child Left Behind improved education.
- That we are still dependent on foreign oil.
- That people still believer climate change is a hoax.
- That the one post I wrote that still gets the most hits is I've Been Fooled. That was about The Princess Bride. Which gave me the picture and thrust of this post.