About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Meme

From Yikes blog

Ten Years ago what were you doing?

I was teaching at a different high school, was department chair and n my third year of writing Optimus.

Five things on today's "To Do" list:

1. Check all graduates for contraband (water pistols, beach balls, etc) as they come in for graduation this afternoon.
2. Finish taping off programs from Mom's old DVR so she can mail it back to the satelite company.
3. Attend Writers to Writers meeting from 6:30 to 7:30
4. Make an important phone call (or my wife will kill me)
5. Get home in one piece.

If I were a Billionaire:

1. Finally retire
2. Finally Grinnygranny could retire
3. Find some timeshares in different parts of the world
4. Flip my house and then give it to the kids
5. Find a nice place for Grinnygranny and I to stay
6. Fret and worry that it would all disappear in the blink of an eye
7. Finally have the time to write.

Three bad habits: (to which Grinnygranny will say, "Only three?"

1. Sweet tooth. It's catching up to me in middle age spread and dentist bills.
2. Not enough exercise. I need to do more than just play golf, during the winter months it's not possible to get out on the links and I need to find another form of exercise to help with the energy level and weight gain.
3. I watch way too much TeeVee.

Five places I've lived:

1. Born in North Carolina (Marine corps base, not there very long)
2. Pueblo, Colorado, where I lived after Dad left the Marines until I was ten
3. Albuquerque, NM, where I grew up and have settled down
4. Farmington, NM for six months when I was twelve, then we moved back to Albuquerque
5. Texas, four years in Plainview while attending Wayland Baptist University and then a year in Fort Worth while attending Southwester Baptist Theological Seminary

Five jobs I've had

1. Fast Food: at a Taco Bell and A & W Rootbeer stand.
2. Retail: At a Skaggs, Howards, Sears, Woolco, Lifeway Book Store
3. Construction: Backhoe service with a high school buddy
4. Security: Burns, Pinkertons, and True Protection
5. Education: Teaching English and Social Studies.

No comments: