Round about way to get to this, but Bruce mentioned this on his blog and I went to the link he provided and like it so much I thought I would reproduce it here, This is an excerpt by Ed Sunday-Winters concerning Public School Failure.
10 Ways Public Schools Fail Students
10. They fail to exclude students with physical or mental disabilities that make learning difficult.
9. They fail to exclude students who don't live in the right neighborhoods. Public schools are everywhere, not just in the backyards of suburban churches.
8. They fail to exclude students who cannot afford tuition, books or supplies.
7. They fail to let children go hungry who cannot afford to pay for lunch or breakfast.
6. They fail to exclude students because of race, ethnicity or religious creed.
5. They fail to teach from a narrow, outdated worldview that does not recognize advances made in all academic fields of study.
4. They fail to advocate the beliefs of one particular religion.
3. They fail to recognize that some children just cannot be taught.
2. They fail to quit teaching children when confronted with a barrage of criticism from political and religious leaders.
1. They fail to refuse any student the education needed to live life, embrace liberty and pursue happiness.
Indeed, our public schools are failing in these and many other ways. And I am glad that they are doing so.
However, one thing that all of our schools need--be they public, private or home schools--is our prayers. Please remember to pray for our students and those that teach them this week.