About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A day of sorrow followed by a day of shame

His victims aren't buried yet and Yahoo pictures is posting a photo of the killer showing off his guns. Don't add to the harm this man caused by glorifying him. And shame on anyone who keeps this picture or others floating around the web. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

NBC just advertised that they are going to show his pictures and video on Good Morning America. Disgusting is one of the few printable words that come to mind. Corporate heads should roll over this.

Do they not realize the kind of disease they are incubating while elevating this guy to celebrity status?

2 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

I agree completely. In fact, I refuse to mention his name on my blog completely.

In Judaism, there's a saying "may his name be forgotten", when referring to someone, particularly heinous... This time, I'm taking it completely seriously by not mentioning his name ever. At all. I think if everyone else did the same, he'd fall into oblivion... We should be speaking about the individual victims and their lives so much more. They are the ones deserving to be honored by being discussed and looked at constantly

P M Prescott said...

That's a wonderful saying. Our media should adopt it for crimes of this nature.